Worship Gathering - Serpents & Doves #3
Dates & Times
18 Aug 201910:30am - 12:00pm
About Worship Gathering - Serpents & Doves #3
Serpents & Doves #3
Primary text: 1 Peter 3:8-18
In this series, we are addressing the question: How do we stand firm in our convictions but still be engaging with those outside the church? Jesus tells us that this requires us to be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. This week, we will look at the fact that when we are engaging with people outside the faith, our character and disposition will impact how our message is received. So what do we do with this? See you Sunday at 10:30am. (YouVersion Event!)
Elements of the Service:
1. Prayer for Schools: Teachers, Staff, and Students
2. Signing the Volleyballs!
Fill Out your Get Connected Card: Click Here!
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. Why is it so hard to repay evil with blessing instead of evil with evil?
3. Over the next week, how can you practice being compassionate and empathetic with the people in your life?
4. What does it mean to “revere Christ as Lord”? Why would that cast away our fears?
5. How can you be prepared to give an answer for your hope and do it with “gentleness and respect”?
6. How can we encourage each other to follow God's ways in this area?