Worship Gathering - Serpents & Doves #4
Dates & Times
1 Sep 201910:30am - 12:00pm
About Worship Gathering - Serpents & Doves #4
Serpents & Doves #4
Primary text: 2 Samuel 12:1-13
In this new series, we will be addressing the question: How do we stand firm in our convictions but still be engaging with those outside the church? Jesus tells us that this requires us to be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. In this week, we will look at the fact that when we are engaging with people outside the faith or even Christians who are living outside of where they should, we may need to find unique ways to communicate God's message. So what do we do with this? See you Sunday at 10:30am. (YouVersion Event!)
Fill Out your Get Connected Card: Click Here!
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. Why did Nathan use a story to convict David of his sin?
3. What are other examples of people using stories to communicate a specific message?
4. Why is it easier to ignore our own sin or the sin of people in our lives rather than confront it?
5. How would you respond if someone called you out on your sin? How does that shape how you would call someone else out on their sin?
6. How can we encourage each other to follow God's ways in this area?